Thursday, April 30, 2009

Alternate Universe

She lives in
an alternate universe
Not so far away
Actually across the street
My daddy is a millionaire
Byes me anything I want
Her Father is a writer
And loves her with all he’s got

The whole school knows me
And follows every where I go
A few at school love her
And take her any where they went

My clothes from Nordstrom and 5th Ave
Hers from Good Will and hand me down rags
High school: cheerleaders and jocks
Hell school: broken bones and rocks
My name is Mandi
Hers Di-man

College a disaster
My world doesn’t come
On a golden platter
College a blast
A place where she
isn’t just last

Life where I just don’t fit it
Life where she finally belongs

To high maintenance
For men to look at
Men come easy
Toys to play at

Spoiled brat now I see that
But for her life is free

He brought me home-picked flowers
for my birthday
Diamonds, jewels, and fancy dresses
Were her forte

My heart is an artist
And loves me with all he’s got
Her money is a lawyer
And byes her any thing she wants

Our first apartment
one bedroom with mold
Their first house
six bedrooms with gold

My kids clothes Good will and hand me down rags
Her children’s from Nordstrom and 5th Ave
Work is play and he’s home by 5
Work is life and home is at work

Stay at home mom
and I don’t mind
Banquets and luncheons
She left the children behind

Our kids off to college
Visit every once in a while
Her children to college
Text when moneys to low

My artist and I stay quite at home
Her lawyer is off to do who knows

She lives in
an alternate universe
Not so far away
My kids are all grown
but I am not alone
Her children all gone
but she never would have known

My life forward
And her life backward

Born with money and not care in the world
Born with care and not a thing of money
Died with love and not a cent to my name
Died with cash and not a love to proclaim

No comments: