Monday, April 27, 2009

Why do all the best ideas come at two o’clock in the morning…

Or on the Toilet

We all think in why’s and what’s

But what if we thought in ifs and would bes

Like what if….

If….

stars were our personal guide

Where would mine lead yours

If…

love were a pocket full of sun shine

Would yours fit in it to mine

If…

dreams were as easy as Pairs Hilton

How special would they be

If,

if

if

Not

When

Or

Where

But if…

If…

thoughts really only cost a penny

I’d cash in all mine just to hear all yours

If…

one liners could win a girls heart

That’s all I’d ever talk in

If…

hearts beat like the radio

Would the world listen to them play

The announcer would say:

Now, from the heart of Susan Mical, ‘My toast is burnt and I’m late

for work’

But would we stay

And listen to mundane

Would we flip from heart to heart till we find the sound we like

Only hearing what we want

Not what needs to be heard

Or what if…

If…

my loves heart beat where my sun shine

Would I keep it in my pocket…

If…

Kermit the Frog were here

Would Miss Piggy still come running

If…

karma stole candy from the candy store

Would it hit itself in the back of the head and yell

“Bad Karma!”

If…

if

if

if

If

if love were a pickle

Would you eat it

If…

tears could move mountains

Would the natives be angry

As the Himalayas move from Asia to America,

the Andes to Europe

And the Rockies to lost Atlantis.

Would the world stop crying to keep the earth still

If…

ideas came exactly when you needed them

…if only…

If…

words made a difference

Where would this poem end up

If...

we all thought in ifs and would be’s

Would the world fill up on empty how’s and could be’s

Or would we all see the wows and yippees

If…

1 comment:

Liz said...

Emily! I found this through your Facebook, and I must say, I really love this! My favourite parts are with the "radio stations" of the heart, and the consequences of tears moving mountains, and the possibility of cashing in thoughts. It's nice to think of the "wows" and "yippees" for a change...